In a previous post, we discussed how to power and control Brooks Instrument mass flow controllers & meters as well as pressure and vacuum products. The 0250 Series Power Supply, Readout & Set Point Controller is an ideal solution to power and control up to four devices. In fact, two models are available based on your needs:
- Model 0251 provides power for one mass flow or pressure device and
- Model 0254 provides power for up to four mass flow or pressure devices.
Question: What happens when you have more than four devices that you need to power and control?
Answer: The 0260 Series Power Supply, Smart Interface & Controller.
The 0260 Smart Interface is a Microsoft® Windows®-based software application that provides expanded control and monitoring capabilities for Brooks Instrument thermal mass flow meters and controllers and pressure controllers with an RS485 Smart protocol digital interface. Together with the power supply and RS485 to USB hardware module, the 0260 provides a great turnkey solution for monitoring and controlling up to thirty (30) mass flow and/or pressure devices. Ideal in laboratory and research environments, the 0260 eliminates the need for multiple secondary electronics boxes, saving space and reducing overall costs.
The 0260 Smart Interface features include:
- Displaying the full-scale flow rate or pressure
- Displaying the measured flow rate or pressure
- Displaying and adjust the set point
- Displaying the device/alarm status
- Changing valve override status
- Data logging, batching and blending, and the ability to create automated process recipes. Recipe control eliminates the need for you to intervene to adjust set points at designated times. That alone will help you improve process reliability and productivity.
A series of tutorial videos provides step-by-step instruction on how to perform these tasks. You can access the first video here.
The 0260 Smart Interface will work with the following Brooks Instrument mass flow and pressure control products using the RS485 S-Protocol:
- SLA5800 Series
- SLA7800 Series
- SLAMf Series
The 0260 Smart Interface also works with the following legacy Brooks Instrument mass flow and pressure control products using the RS485 S-Protocol:
- 4800 Series
- SLA7900 Series
- Mf Series