Brooks Instrument will award $2,000 to a student enrolled in an engineering program at an accredited college or university. As a leader in instrumentation measurement and control, Brooks Instrument is committed to helping the next generation of engineers achieve their potential.
Your application must include:
1. Personal Essay
A personal essay — limited to three paragraphs, and between 500 and 1,500 words — about yourself and your interest in engineering, flow and/or instrumentation.
2. Project Review
Quantities such as temperature, pressure, level and flow often need to be measured and controlled. Submit a project review, proposal, lab work or other endeavor that details in writing - with pictures and/or diagrams where necessary - a process that involves some degree of instrumentation, flow or measurement. To qualify for the Brooks’ scholarship the project, research, or investigation must incorporate flow, fluid mechanics and/or pressure measurement as an integral part of the process or data recording. The project can also be about the use or development of a novel pressure or flow measurement method or technique.
One copy of your undergraduate transcript (either official or unofficial) from your current college or university. Your current institution transcript must include the completed term before your application and/or your current “in progress” term. Transcripts may be unofficial at the time of application, but if you are selected as a Brooks Instrument Scholarship recipient, you will be asked to provide an official copy. (Note: Unofficial transcripts may be issued from your institution or web-based from your student account, but copy and pasted versions are not acceptable).
4. First & last name
5. Email address
A one-time $2,000 non-renewable scholarship to be used for post-secondary education purposes.
- Be living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico as a U.S. Citizen, or hold Permanent Residency status
- Must earn and maintain a minimum 3.2 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a four or five-year academic program
- Must be enrolled in a collegiate engineering program and/or have an engineering major
- Applicant must complete all required sections of the application for the scholarship.
- Applications must be received by October 31, 2019
- Please send your application via email to Brooks-Mktg@BrooksInstrument.com with the subject line “2019 Brooks Instrument Scholarship Application”
- There is no formal printed application from Brooks Instrument, all necessary information is on this webpage
- No need to print this page; simply email your written documents and contact information
- Do not send any letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
- Upon submission, applicants grant permission for Brooks Instrument to publish project photos and publicly announce winner on their website and social media channels