Now let's create a blending (mixing) application using the software. The Blending Recipe Builder was mentioned in post two, if you need a refresher click here. Follow the steps steps below to complete this process.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Blending Recipe Builder. Again, once the application is stopped, the Blending Recipe Builder under the Tools menu can be selected.
- A window for the Blending Recipe Builder will pop op, click on Options and select Create a New Blending Recipe File.
- From here, you will need to identify the Master and Slave. The Slave (Device 2) will follow the flow of the Master (Device 1). If you don't identify the Slave and Master correctly, the system will let you know! The Blend Ratio can be set as a percentage – in the example in the tutorial this is .5 or 50%. The Slave will follow the Master with a 50% (0.5) Blend Ratio.
- Next, click on Save Blending Recipe File in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, name your file, and click Save.
- Check out the additional resource, Blend Ratio Definition, near the top of your screen (next to Save Blending Recipe File). Exit out of the Blending Recipe Builder screen.
- Proceed to Operation Mode and select Blending Mode. You can establish the Setpoint for the Master by dragging the bar and then click Start Service Cycle (or the right arrow button) to start blending or vice versa. In the tutorial, the Setpoint is adjusted so you can see the Low Flow Alarm 1 in red font or the Slave indicates the Low Flow Alarm.
To view the step-by-step instructions for each of these features, watch the video tutorial below created by our Technical Services team.
To view the video in full screen mode, simply click the YouTube icon after pressing play.
Ready for the fourth tutorial in this series? Click here to learn how to create a flow process recipe. As always, contact our Technical Services team for local support wherever you are around the globe.
Component datasource missing. Select a datasource for this component.