The Brooks family of extremely high-performing direct liquid injection (DLI) vaporizer solutions is designed for customers who require reliable liquid vaporization. Featuring unique atomization and heat exchanger technologies, these vapor delivery systems deliver the highest purity vapor for every application. Applications include:
- Water vaporization for fuel cell stack humidification and many other water applications
- Liquid precursor vaporization for chemical vapor deposition (CVD), metal oxide chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD), and atomic layer deposition (ALD)
- Depositing thin films for enhanced thermal, optical, or hardness characteristics such as diamond-like carbon coating and glass coating
- Vaporizing monomers for vacuum polymer film deposition
- Generating calibration vapor
- Vaporizing liquid hydrocarbons
- Many more
Brooks' direct liquid injection vaporizer technology overcomes the many limitations of conventional vapor delivery systems. Bubblers, or vapor draw systems, are difficult to start and stop, require very close control of temperature and pressure, and are inefficient at generating well controlled vapor mass flow. Vaporizing valves, hot frit, heat tracing, and other "flash vaporizers" that apply heat to the liquid using a hot metal surface are also inefficient at generating vapor mass and frequently can cause thermal decomposition of the liquid precursor. None of these conventional technologies can eliminate the potential for liquid carry-over and its associated problems. Furthermore, it is very challenging to determine precisely how much vapor mass is actually being delivered from a conventional vapor delivery system. In applications that require precise vapor mass addition, users must turn to secondary measurement/control devices such as vapor mass flow meters/controllers, increasing the cost and complexity of the overall vapor module.
A Brooks direct liquid injection vaporizer employs hot gas, rather than a hot metal surface, to accomplish liquid vaporization. As liquid enters the hot gas chamber, it is atomized by a carrier gas stream. Once the atomized liquid contacts the hot gas, it immediately changes to vapor. The result is chemically pure vapor, free of decomposition by-products or liquid carry-over. Moreover, a Brooks direct liquid injection vaporizer can accept multiple liquid inlets and will generate perfectly mixed vapors. Brooks offers several heat exchanger designs to accommodate an extraordinarily wide range of liquid properties: extremely low vapor pressures (sub 1 torr), very low flow rates (sub 5 g/h ), and very high flow rates (more than 15 kg/hr).
Direct Liquid Inject Flange Vaporizer (DLIFS)
The Brooks DLIFS model vapoizer provides indirect vaporization-on-demand for most liquid precursors. The DLIFS utilizes a construction of 316L SS modules fastened together using pefluoroelastomer or metal seals. The DLIFS design enables the user to perform their own maintenance and cleaning.
Direct Liquid Inject Welded Vaporizer (DLIWx)
The Brooks DLIWx series of vapoizers provides flexible, high purity, indirect vaporization-on-demand for most liquid precursors. The DLIWx utilizes a fully-welded construction of 316L SS. There are four different models (DLIWV, DLIWS, DLIWM, & DLIWL) that vary in length and heater power capacity to meet individual flow requirements.
Direct Liquid Inject High Capacity Vaporizer (DLIHV)
The Brooks DLIHV vapoizer is a integrated system designed to provide complete vaporization-on-demand for high vapor capacity requirements, especially water. The DLIHV design combines Brooks Instrument's proprietary atomizer along with a 316L SS helical coil heat exchanger that is wrapped in a silicon thermal insulation jacket inside an aluminum enclosure and mounted on an aluminum back plate.
Specifications & Documentation
- Allowable process pressure: vacuum to 1500 psig
- Allowable process temperature: up to 300° C
- Temperature Sensors: 2 K-type thermocouples (operating temperature for temperature control, and temperature limit functions)
- Process Connections: 1/8" to 1/2" tube stub, tube compression or face-seal
- External Leak Integrity: 1 X 10-9 cc/sec (helium)
- Atomizer accepts multiple liquid feeds
Heater Voltage (ac) Water Vapor Capacity (gpm) Max Op Temp (oC) Max Op Pressure (psig) Wetted Materials DLIHV 1500
1500 316L SS